The reviews on ROVR.com are generally for items that I have personally purchased and own, however sometimes I may review items that I have yet to purchase or have been sent to me by outside companies. The photos (good and bad) of 90% of these items have been taken by me (still practicing!) with the balance coming from the manufacturer or other contributors. My main point is to let you know that you are reading about things that I have experienced, and that any recommendation comes from my own opinions.
While I noted on the main article that we may have affiliate links, Amazon requests that we publish this full text for you to review:
I am a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
I do partner with other affiliate networks for non-Amazon products and they work similarly in that I receive a small compensation if you purchase using my provided link, and you pay the same price as if you had gone directly to that website.
Not all items linked are affiliate links. I really wish that Porsche had an affiliate program! I’m just a poor sap who loves their cars, but don’t earn a thing if you buy that new 911 or Taycan.
Please let me know if you have any questions, concerns, or are interested in a collaboration by clicking on this link to Contact Me. I started this site mainly because I have personally ordered and/or taken European Delivery on several cars over the years, and generally have opinions to share. When I was contemplating links to help you find the items I was discussing, I learned about the whole affiliate thing. Well, it makes sense for me to participate, but it wasn’t my main motivation in determining what I plan to share with you.
ROVR.com is a place for people to learn, network, and enjoy a community of like-minded people.
Unfortunately, sometimes people can become bullies online. To keep this site a friendly community, we simply delete such comments as we prefer friendly, light-hearted dialog.
If a comment:
- Is unfriendly or impolite to the author of the post or any other commenter
- Advocates an illegal practice
- Uses vulgar, profane, or unnecessarily harsh language
- Is spam or appears to be written primarily to post a link or advertise
- Infringes on the rights of another
- Is written anonymously
- Contains copyrighted material not licensed for distribution on the site
- Impersonates another user
- Is off-topic
The comment may be deleted by ROVR.com staff or authorized volunteer moderators. The deletion of comments is wholly within the discretion of the volunteer moderator or ROVR.com employee, and their decision will not be reconsidered.
But What If I Disagree With Someone?
Great! The whole purpose for allowing comments on ROVR.com is to allow fellow techies to share their opinions and knowledge. Please speak up if you disagree with the author of a post or another commenter; HOWEVER, you must be polite and you must be friendly.
Important Legal Information
The opinions of commenters and guest posters on ROVR.com or its social media sites are not those of ROVR.com, Byte Productions, LLC, or its owners, managers, employees, or representatives. If a moderator or employee fails to delete a comment, it is not an endorsement of said comment. The comments on this site are not owned by ROVR.com and only the individual commenter is liable for its comments. For additional information, please see our general Terms and Conditions.
Any person or person(s) who find a comment or guest post on this site that violates these guidelines or misuses the intellectual property of another should immediately contact us by clicking on this link to Contact us.
Effective date: January 5, 2020
Byte Productions, LLC (“us”, “we”, or “our”) operates the https://rovr.com website (hereinafter referred to as the “Service”).
This page informs you of our policies regarding the collection, use and disclosure of personal data when you use our Service and the choices you have associated with that data.
- ServiceService is the https://rovr.com website operated by Byte Productions, LLC
- Personal DataPersonal Data means data about a living individual who can be identified from those data (or from those and other information either in our possession or likely to come into our possession).
- Usage DataUsage Data is data collected automatically either generated by the use of the Service or from the Service infrastructure itself (for example, the duration of a page visit).
- CookiesCookies are small files stored on your device (computer or mobile device).
- Data Processors (or Service Providers)Data Processor (or Service Provider) means any natural or legal person who processes the data on behalf of the Data Controller.We may use the services of various Service Providers in order to process your data more effectively.
- Data Subject (or User)Data Subject is any living individual who is using our Service and is the subject of Personal Data.
Information Collection and Use
We collect several different types of information for various purposes to provide and improve our Service to you.
Types of Data Collected
While using our Service, we may ask you to provide us with certain personally identifiable information that can be used to contact or identify you (“Personal Data”). Personally identifiable information may include, but is not limited to:
- Email address
- First name and last name
- Phone number
- Address, State, Province, ZIP/Postal code, City
We may use your Personal Data to contact you with newsletters, marketing or promotional materials and other information that may be of interest to you. You may opt out of receiving any, or all, of these communications from us by following the unsubscribe link or the instructions provided in any email we send.
We may also collect information on how the Service is accessed and used (“Usage Data”). This Usage Data may include information such as your computer’s Internet Protocol address (e.g. IP address), browser type, browser version, the pages of our Service that you visit, the time and date of your visit, the time spent on those pages, unique device identifiers and other diagnostic data.
Tracking & Cookies Data
Cookies are files with a small amount of data which may include an anonymous unique identifier. Cookies are sent to your browser from a website and stored on your device. Other tracking technologies are also used such as beacons, tags and scripts to collect and track information and to improve and analyse our Service.
You can instruct your browser to refuse all cookies or to indicate when a cookie is being sent. However, if you do not accept cookies, you may not be able to use some portions of our Service.
Examples of Cookies we use:
- Session Cookies. We use Session Cookies to operate our Service.
- Preference Cookies. We use Preference Cookies to remember your preferences and various settings.
- Security Cookies. We use Security Cookies for security purposes.
- Advertising Cookies. Advertising Cookies are used to serve you with advertisements that may be relevant to you and your interests on our Website.
Use of Data
Byte Productions, LLC uses the collected information for various purposes:
- To provide and maintain our Service
- To notify you about changes to our Service
- To allow you to participate in interactive features of our Service when you choose to do so
- To provide customer support
- To gather analysis or valuable information so that we can improve our Service
- To monitor the usage of our Service
- To detect, prevent and address technical issues
- To provide you with news, special offers and general information about other goods, services and events which we offer that are similar to those that you have already purchased or enquired about unless you have opted not to receive such information
Legal Basis for Processing Personal Data under the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR)
Byte Productions, LLC may process your Personal Data because:
- We need to perform a contract with you
- You have given us permission to do so
- The processing is in our legitimate interests and it is not overridden by your rights
- To comply with the law
Retention of Data
Byte Productions, LLC will also retain Usage Data for internal analysis purposes. Usage Data is generally retained for a shorter period of time, except when this data is used to strengthen the security or to improve the functionality of our Service, or we are legally obligated to retain this data for longer periods.
Transfer of Data
Your information, including Personal Data, may be transferred to — and maintained on — computers located outside of your state, province, country or other governmental jurisdiction where the data protection laws may differ from those of your jurisdiction.
If you are located outside United States and choose to provide information to us, please note that we transfer the data, including Personal Data, to United States and process it there.
Disclosure of Data
Disclosure for Law Enforcement
Under certain circumstances, Byte Productions, LLC may be required to disclose your Personal Data if required to do so by law or in response to valid requests by public authorities (e.g. a court or a government agency).
Byte Productions, LLC may disclose your Personal Data in the good faith belief that such action is necessary to:
- To comply with a legal obligation
- To protect and defend the rights or property of Byte Productions, LLC
- To prevent or investigate possible wrongdoing in connection with the Service
- To protect the personal safety of users of the Service or the public
- To protect against legal liability
Security of Data
The security of your data is important to us but remember that no method of transmission over the Internet or method of electronic storage is 100% secure. While we strive to use commercially acceptable means to protect your Personal Data, we cannot guarantee its absolute security.
Our Policy on “Do Not Track” Signals under the California Online Protection Act (CalOPPA)
We do not support Do Not Track (“DNT”). Do Not Track is a preference you can set in your web browser to inform websites that you do not want to be tracked.
You can enable or disable Do Not Track by visiting the Preferences or Settings page of your web browser.
Your Data Protection Rights under the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR)
If you are a resident of the European Economic Area (EEA), you have certain data protection rights. Byte Productions, LLC aims to take reasonable steps to allow you to correct, amend, delete or limit the use of your Personal Data.
If you wish to be informed about what Personal Data we hold about you and if you want it to be removed from our systems, please contact us.
In certain circumstances, you have the following data protection rights:
- The right to access, update or delete the information we have on you. Whenever made possible, you can access, update or request deletion of your Personal Data directly within your account settings section. If you are unable to perform these actions yourself, please contact us to assist you.
- The right of rectification. You have the right to have your information rectified if that information is inaccurate or incomplete.
- The right to object. You have the right to object to our processing of your Personal Data.
- The right of restriction. You have the right to request that we restrict the processing of your personal information.
- The right to data portability. You have the right to be provided with a copy of the information we have on you in a structured, machine-readable and commonly used format.
- The right to withdraw consent. You also have the right to withdraw your consent at any time where Byte Productions, LLC relied on your consent to process your personal information.
Please note that we may ask you to verify your identity before responding to such requests.
You have the right to complain to a Data Protection Authority about our collection and use of your Personal Data. For more information, please contact your local data protection authority in the European Economic Area (EEA).
We may employ third party companies and individuals to facilitate our Service (“Service Providers”), provide the Service on our behalf, perform Service-related services or assist us in analysing how our Service is used.
These third parties have access to your Personal Data only to perform these tasks on our behalf and are obligated not to disclose or use it for any other purpose.
We may use third-party Service Providers to monitor and analyze the use of our Service.
We may use third-party Service Providers to show advertisements to you to help support and maintain our Service.
Links to Other Sites
We have no control over and assume no responsibility for the content, privacy policies or practices of any third party sites or services.
Our Service does not address anyone under the age of 18 (“Children”).
We do not knowingly collect personally identifiable information from anyone under the age of 18. If you are a parent or guardian and you are aware that your Child has provided us with Personal Data, please contact us. If we become aware that we have collected Personal Data from children without verification of parental consent, we take steps to remove that information from our servers.
- By visiting this contact page on our website
- By mail: ROVR.com / Byte Productions, LLC – 333 W. Harbor Dr Suite 130, San Diego, CA 92101, United States
Terms of Service
If you require any more information or have any questions about our Terms of Service, please feel free to contact us by clicking on this link to Contact us.
These terms and conditions govern your use of this website; by using this website, you accept these terms and conditions in full and without reservation. If you disagree with these terms and conditions or any part of these terms and conditions, you must not use this website. You must be at least 18 [eighteen] years of age to use this website. By using this website and by agreeing to these terms and conditions, you warrant and represent that you are at least 18 years of age.
License to use website
Unless otherwise stated, ROVR.com and/or its licensors own the intellectual property rights published on this website and materials used on ROVR.com. Subject to the license below, all these intellectual property rights are reserved.
You may view, download for caching purposes only, and print pages, files or other content from the website for your own personal use, subject to the restrictions set out below and elsewhere in these terms and conditions.
You must not:
- republish material from this website in neither print nor digital media or documents (including republication on another website);
- sell, rent or sub-license material from the website;
- show any material from the website in public;
- reproduce, duplicate, copy or otherwise exploit material on this website for a commercial purpose;
- edit or otherwise modify any material on the website;
- redistribute material from this website – except for content specifically and expressly made available for redistribution; or
- republish or reproduce any part of this website through the use of iframes or screenscrapers.
Where content is specifically made available for redistribution, it may only be redistributed within your organization.
You must not use this website in any way that causes, or may cause, damage to the website or impairment of the availability or accessibility of ROVR.com or in any way which is unlawful, illegal, fraudulent or harmful, or in connection with any unlawful, illegal, fraudulent or harmful purpose or activity.
You must not use this website to copy, store, host, transmit, send, use, publish or distribute any material which consists of (or is linked to) any spyware, computer virus, Trojan horse, worm, keystroke logger, rootkit or other malicious computer software.
You must not conduct any systematic or automated data collection activities on or in relation to this website without ‘s express written consent.
- data mining
- data extraction
- data harvesting
- ‘framing’ (iframes)
- Article ‘Spinning’
You must not use this website or any part of it to transmit or send unsolicited commercial communications.
You must not use this website for any purposes related to marketing without the express written consent of ROVR.com.
Access to certain areas of this website may be restricted. ROVR.com reserves the right to restrict access to certain areas of this website, or at our discretion, this entire website. We may change or modify this policy without notice.
If ROVR.com provides you with a user ID and password to enable you to access restricted areas of this website or other content or services, you must ensure that the user ID and password are kept confidential. You alone are responsible for your password and user ID security. ROVR.com may disable your user ID and password at our sole discretion without notice or explanation.
In these terms and conditions, “your user content” means material (including without limitation text, images, audio material, video material and audio-visual material) that you submit to this website, for whatever purpose.
You grant to ROVR.com a worldwide, irrevocable, non-exclusive, royalty-free license to use, reproduce, adapt, publish, translate and distribute your user content in any existing or future media. You also grant to ROVR.com the right to sub-license these rights, and the right to bring an action for infringement of these rights.
Your user content must not be illegal or unlawful, must not infringe any third party’s legal rights, and must not be capable of giving rise to legal action whether against you or ROVR.com or a third party (in each case under any applicable law).
You must not submit any user content to the website that is or has ever been the subject of any threatened or actual legal proceedings or other similar complaint.
ROVR.com reserves the right to edit or remove any material submitted to this website, or stored on the servers of ROVR.com, or hosted or published upon this website.
ROVR.com’s rights under these terms and conditions in relation to user content, does not undertake to monitor the submission of such content to, or the publication of such content on, this website.
This website is provided “as is” without any representations or warranties, express or implied. ROVR.com makes no representations or warranties in relation to this website or the information and materials provided on this website.
Without prejudice to the generality of the foregoing paragraph, does not warrant that:
- this website will be constantly available, or available at all; or
- the information on this website is complete, true, accurate or non-misleading.
Nothing on this website constitutes, or is meant to constitute, advice of any kind. If you require advice in relation to any legal, financial or medical matter you should consult an appropriate professional.
Limitations of liability
Byte Productions, LLC / ROVR.com will not be liable to you (whether under the law of contact, the law of torts or otherwise) in relation to the contents of, or use of, or otherwise in connection with, this website:
- to the extent that the website is provided free-of-charge, for any direct loss;
- for any indirect, special or consequential loss; or
- for any business losses, loss of revenue, income, profits or anticipated savings, loss of contracts or business relationships, loss of reputation or goodwill, or loss or corruption of information or data.
These limitations of liability apply even if ROVR.com has been expressly advised of the potential loss.
Nothing in this website disclaimer will exclude or limit any warranty implied by law that it would be unlawful to exclude or limit; and nothing in this website disclaimer will exclude or limit the liability of Byte Productions, LLC in respect of any:
- death or personal injury caused by the negligence of ROVR.com or its agents, employees or shareholders/owners;
- fraud or fraudulent misrepresentation on the part of ROVR.com; or
- matter which it would be illegal or unlawful for ROVR.com to exclude or limit, or to attempt or purport to exclude or limit, its liability.
By using this website, you agree that the exclusions and limitations of liability set out in this website disclaimer are reasonable. If you do not think they are reasonable, you must not use this website.
You accept that, as a limited liability entity, Byte Productions, LLC / ROVR.com has an interest in limiting the personal liability of its officers and employees. You agree that you will not bring any claim personally against Byte Productions, LLC’s officers or employees in respect of any losses you suffer in connection with the website.
Without prejudice to the foregoing paragraph, you agree that the limitations of warranties and liability set out in this website disclaimer will protect Byte Productions LLC’s officers, employees, agents, subsidiaries, successors, assigns and sub-contractors as well as ROVR.com.
If any provision of this website disclaimer is, or is found to be, unenforceable under applicable law, that will not affect the enforceability of the other provisions of this website disclaimer.
You hereby indemnify ROVR.com and undertake to keep ROVR.com indemnified against any losses, damages, costs, liabilities and expenses (including without limitation legal expenses and any amounts paid by ROVR.com to a third party in settlement of a claim or dispute on the advice of ROVR.com’s legal advisers) incurred or suffered by ROVR.com arising out of any breach by you of any provision of these terms and conditions, or arising out of any claim that you have breached any provision of these terms and conditions.
Breaches of these terms and conditions
Without prejudice to ROVR.com’s other rights under these terms and conditions, if you breach these terms and conditions in any way, Byte Productions, LLC / ROVR.com may take such action as ROVR.com deems appropriate to deal with the breach, including suspending your access to the website, prohibiting you from accessing the website, blocking computers using your IP address from accessing the website, contacting your internet service provider to request that they block your access to the website and/or bringing court proceedings against you.
ROVR.com may revise these terms and conditions from time-to-time. Revised terms and conditions will apply to the use of this website from the date of the publication of the revised terms and conditions on this website. Please check this page regularly to ensure you are familiar with the current version.
Byte Productions, LLC / ROVR.com may transfer, sub-contract or otherwise deal with ROVR.com’s rights and/or obligations under these terms and conditions without notifying you or obtaining your consent. You may not transfer, sub-contract or otherwise deal with your rights and/or obligations under these terms and conditions.
If a provision of these terms and conditions is determined by any court or other competent authority to be unlawful and/or unenforceable, the other provisions will continue in effect. If any unlawful and/or unenforceable provision would be lawful or enforceable if part of it were deleted, that part will be deemed to be deleted, and the rest of the provision will continue in effect.
These terms and conditions, together with ROVR.com’s Privacy and Comment Policy constitute the entire agreement between you and ROVR.com in relation to your use of this website, and supersede all previous agreements in respect of your use of this website.
Law and jurisdiction
These terms and conditions will be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of the State of California, USA, and any disputes relating to these terms and conditions will be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of California.
About these website Terms of Service
The owner of ROVR.com is Byte Productions, LLC.
Byte Productions, LLC is a California LLC on record with the State of California, USA.